Health Design Lab
Emily Carr University of Art + Design
520 East 1st Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5T 0H2
Director: Caylee Raber
Coordinator: Nadia Beyzaei
- We hire undergraduate and graduate students in design programs from Emily Carr.
- While you are welcome to get in touch with us at anytime, look out for job postings just before the start of each semester.
- Note, we generally hire the most students at the beginning of the Fall semester and send out that job posting late August.
For industry collaborators:
- We are interested in a wide range of projects and collaborations with health organizations, non-profits, local businesses and academic institutions.
- Our design research is student driven. We hire Emily Carr University design student Research Assistants for all of our projects to work alongside our faculty.
- Project funding for salaries and expenses are either provided by you, the industry collaborator, or a grant award.
- Project budgets generally range from $20,000 – $60,000 depending on the scope of the work, timelines and number of students and faculty involved.
- Our projects tend to follow the school calendar with most starting at the beginning of the Fall or Spring semester. It typically takes several months to set-up a project so please contact us early!
- Do you have an idea for a collaborative project that you think might fit with the Health Design Lab? Contact us via email or phone with a brief description of your project. If it sounds like a possible HDL project we will arrange a meeting or teleconference. Through conversations with the HDL Director we will discuss project goals, budget and timeline to determine if your project is the right fit for our Lab.
To get a glimpse into our design process check out our Instagram feed :
To receive our seasonal newsletter subscribe below: