April 4, 2019
Call for Applications: Research Assistant
Written by cemre
A project of Living Labs at Emily Carr University of Art + Design, the Shumka Centre for Creative Entrepreneurship fosters the movement of artists and designers into systems and situations where their work and ideas can have the most impact. The aim of the Shumka Centre is to establish a place where creatives can find community and knowledge as well as connection to the resources they need to launch their projects: products, companies, events, curatorial initiatives, non-profit organizations, or other initiatives.
We are seeking a qualified designer with a background in interaction and communication design who has demonstrated experience working with customizable wordpress templates to develop a new website and visual identity for the Centre.
The successful candidate will be working collaboratively with the project leads on two concurrent projects.
- Collaborate with project leads to identify a responsive and SEO enabled wordpress template with the right basic style and function
- Translate planned website architecture into template pages/structures
- Bring content into template
- Iterate design and function based on insights and feedback from project team
- Produce visual identity and a set of editable graphic assets to be used in website,
- newsletters and social media based on the planned website architecture
- Produce font, palette and brand guidelines to ensure consistency of brand across digital touch points
The deliverables at the end of this assignment are:
- A responsive wordpress website for the Shumka Centre
- Written website guide / Readme file
- Training session with stakeholders
- Visual identity for Shumka Centre
- Style guide to be used for web, e-newsletters and social media
- A variety of editable design assets for digital & print communications
Candidates must possess the following in order to be considered for this position:
- Demonstrated experience using wordpress and implementing responsive websites using customizable templates
- 2+ years of professional design experience and strong portfolio of design work
- Strong work ethic, personal accountability and time management
- Detail-oriented and motivated throughout design process
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
The candidate will be paid in accordance with ECU Employment Pay Rates ($17.16 to $24.21/hour, depending on qualifications).
How to apply:
Please send your CV alongside with a link to your portfolio as well as a short cover letter detailing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your availability for May – July 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: April 23, 2019