October 25, 2018
Lunch & Launch with Ian Bell on November 6!
Written by cemre
Ron Burnett Library + Learning Commons
Tuesday, November 6
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
All students welcome! Pizza will be provided.
Join an open and welcoming forum with technology entrepreneur Ian Bell, who is here to answer your questions and shed light on topics such as networking, fundraising, prototyping, marketing, and many more! You can ask any question or just listen in.
Have you ever wondered:
- How someone turns their grad project into something someone can buy?
- What people mean when they say that a company is incorporated, funded, a B corporation, or a non-profit?
- How to transform your critical design project into an elevator pitch?
- What the Vancouver technology scene is like and how to get involved in it?
- What is the process you have to go through in order to bring your functional prototype through software development and into the Apple Store?
- How an idea turns into a company or another kind of funded initiative?
- How people meet co-founders that have the skills you don’t have?
- What someone really wants to see or hear when considering making an investment in a company or product?
- Whether crowdfunding is really going to work for you?
- What the best digital tactics are to bring 1000 people together to do something?
- What your tactics for digital should be when you are really mostly just interested in making furniture?
Ian Bell is the Discovery Foundation Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Emily Carr in Fall 2018 and the co-creator of RingCentral and founder of startups RosterBot and Tingle. Ian is available for individual meetings and drop-ins throughout the semester: email@example.com