Since SPUD started in 1997, we’ve been committed to providing simple access to real, healthy, local food.
Here’s their checklist. Their vendors:
- Practice or actively support organic and sustainable growing methods that respect crop diversity and soil health, avoiding the use of pesticides.
- Display a deep commitment to the local community.
- Are transparent about product ingredients and sources, prioritizing local when possible and avoiding the use of artificial components like high fructose corn syrup.
- Remain GMO-free.
- Provide safe, fair working conditions for food producers.
- Respect ecological habitats and animal welfare by fishing responsibly to prevent resource depletion, and providing ample grazing space for livestock. Animals must be raised without the use of growth hormones or antibiotics.